Quick Links to Info on Page
- What is the best grocery coupon app?
- Cashback and rebates grocery shopping apps
- Grocery shopping price comparison apps
- How do you get rebates from grocery coupon apps?
- How do I get my money back from grocery shopping apps?
This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more details.
SPREAD THE WEALTH, SHARE THIS POST!
In this post, you will learn:
- The best apps to save money and get rewarded for your grocery shopping
- How to redeem your savings within the apps
- How to claim welcome bonuses, which is extra cash just for getting started with these apps
What is the best grocery coupon app?
Our hands-down favorite is the Ibotta app. Here’s why:
- Quantity of rebates offered
- Availability of rebates that are not brand- or store-specific (allowing you to earn no matter what!)
- Variety of products, brands, stores with rebate offers
- Number of opportunities to redeem for rebates
- Frequency that new rebates pop up in the app
- Ability to connect with friends and family to earn even more rewards
Cashback and rebates grocery shopping apps
Since we mentioned above that this is our favorite, let’s go into why.
Simply select which rebates you want to redeem, scan your receipt, and the cash gets deposited right into your account.
What’s fun about this app is that you can get friends and family in on the savings by having them join your team, so you can work together to unlock other bonuses.
Another cash back app that is similar to Ibotta is this one. It does have limited rebates, but if you are quick to claim them, then you can save a pretty penny.
This interactive app allows you to earn free gift cards even if you don’t buy a single thing!
In addition to getting rewards for making purchases, you can also earn bonuses just for entering stores and scanning specific products. The app rewards you in points, which you can redeem for gift cards.
Our favorite strategy is to tag-team it, with one person watching Baby Chang and waiting in the checkout line while the other makes the “cashback” rounds to scan the requested products. We usually do this at Target, which is where we regularly shop anyway so it’s not an extra trip.
A nice perk of using this rebate and coupon app is that most stores let you sync the app with their loyalty program. That way, you don’t even have to submit a picture of your receipt to get your rebate.
Grocery shopping price comparison apps
Rebates apps are a fun way to get more bank for your buck, but getting the best price on your groceries is also an excellent way to save money on groceries. Of course, there’s no reason you can’t do both!
With this app, you can compare prices on groceries, have groceries delivered to your doorstep, and even earn money from the app.
Walmart Grocery Shopping
Within the Walmart savings catcher app, your Walmart purchases are checked against other competitors’ advertised prices. If it finds a better deal somewhere else, you get a Walmart e-gift card for the difference.
How do you get rebates from grocery coupon apps?
- Step 1. Log into your account and see which rebates are available. Some apps may require you to select the specific rebates you want to redeem beforehand.
- Step 2. Scan or take a photo of your receipt. Some apps allow you to link your loyalty card and skip this step.
- Step 3. Wait for your purchase to be verified by the app.
- Step 4. Check to see that the rebate has been deposited into your account.
- Step 5. Repeat with other rebates.
How do I get my money back from grocery shopping apps?
To withdraw the cash from your rebates:
- Step 1. Check if there is a minimum threshold that you must reach before you are allowed to withdraw the money.
- Step 2. Connect your grocery shopping app to a Paypal or bank account.
- Step 3. Redeem rebates, offers, and tasks until you reach the threshold.
- Step 4. Request to transfer the money to your bank account.
- Step 5. Wait until the money transfer has been complete.
- Step 6. Repeat to earn more money.
Use food price comparison apps and grocery shopping apps to save money and cut down your food bill in more ways than one. Whether through rebates, scanning products, or comparing sales across multiple grocers,there are many bite-size ways to save on your grocery bill.
SPREAD THE WEALTH, SHARE THIS POST!
LEARN MORE TO EARN MORE:
STACY, aka AUNTY CHANG, is a personal finance blogger set on a mission to show people that there's more to money than just the numbers. With two rental properties and a six-figure 401k by her 30's, she's on track to retire early without sacrificing work-life balance to get there. She wants to teach others how to identify their goals and use money to make them happen. Dual income, no kids, based in Hawaii.