Snag these free turkey disguise project printables! Click on the black and white and color image or link underneath to go to the hide the turkey template printables in PDF. Enjoy!
- Includes a variety of templates including turkey in disguise, writing, awards and more
- Use as an individual school classroom activity or for students to take home to their families during the fall Thanksgiving season
- Looking for more freebies? Check out the rest of our Thanksgiving activities!
Disclosure: Opinions expressed are our own. If you buy something through any of our affiliate links on this page, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting our site!
- Rules of Use
- Ideas to Use These Turkey in Disguise Printables
- Thanksgiving Turkey Books for Reading
- Blank Turkey Disguise Project Templates to Print
- Instructions and Planning
- Hide the Turkey Templates
- Hide Tom the Turkey with Writing Lines
- Writing Assignment Worksheets
- Voting and Awards
- More Thanksgiving Resources You Will Like
Rules of Use
All free files for kids or for adults on KeepingUpChangs.com are for personal and single classroom use only.
We put a lot of love and labor into creating these resources and offering it for free on the internet. To help offset the costs associated with running this website, please:
- Do not share or redistribute files directly. In order to share, use the URL to this website and or webpage, NOT to the file itself.
- Do not resell, copy, sub-license file in its original or modified format in any physical or digital form.
- Do not upload or use this design on any file sharing (eg. Dropbox, GoogleDrive) or print-on-demand (POD) site (eg. Printful, Zazzle).
- If you are a teacher, please use these for your classroom only. Other teachers may visit our site to download their own copy for their classroom use.
- Do not claim rights to copyright of any part of the file or design.
- Do not use files for any commercial purpose.
Thank you for respecting our energy and investment in making these free printables available to everyone!
Ideas to Use These Turkey in Disguise Printables
We've provided a variety of blank templates and worksheets to customize this fun activity for your classroom.
Pair with a fun picture book to read aloud with your students.
Turn into a creative arts and crafts project in class or for kids to take home to do with their families (instructions for both scenarios available).
Accompany with creative writing assignments.
Turn into a friendly competition and contest that students or others can vote on to award fun prizes.
Thanksgiving Turkey Books for Reading
If you're looking for a read aloud book to complement this activity, choose from any of these Thanksgiving-themed books that talk about clever ways the main turkey characters escape the fate of becoming the main menu feature of the holiday feast.
Blank Turkey Disguise Project Templates to Print
Click the preview image or link underneath each image to access the desired printable. Links will open in Dropbox or Google Drive in a new tab.
Find the download icon and button in the top right corner to save a copy to your device. This works best on a laptop or desktop computer.
Note: You do not need to create an account to grab the free printables. If you are prompted to create an account, simply click away from that window to head back to the screen that should allow you access to download.
Instructions and Planning
Choose from two rhyming poems that explain the activity. One version is to use for in-class turkey disguise projects.
The other version can be sent home with children to let parents know about the assignment. Ideally, families should have 2 to 3 weeks to complete their turkey's disguise.
For an extra in-class assignment, use the brainstorming worksheet to have students plan out potential costume ideas.
Hide the Turkey Templates
We offer a variety of turkey worksheets to cater to different age groups, from toddlers in preschool to kindergarten to older elementary school students.
Hide Tom the Turkey with Writing Lines
These worksheets contain the turkey image in the top half to decorate and writing lines on the bottom half to combine both the hands-on craft activity with writing.
Writing Assignment Worksheets
Use these full-size writing template pages for assignments such as:
- Describing the turkey's costume in greater detail - a fun variation of this is to put up the descriptions for other students to guess which turkey each student created (descriptive writing)
- Explaining why families should not eat turkey for Thanksgiving dinner (persuasive or opinion writing)
- Narrating a story on what the turkey is doing in his disguise that day to avoid being eaten (creative writing or storytelling)
Voting and Awards
A fun way to display the turkeys is to hold a friendly contest where folks can vote for various awards.
Hold this friendly competition in class, or invite other classrooms or the school community to participate.
Download any of these best free hide Tom the Turkey disguise project printables and templates today!